ITS has teamed up with the leading cabling firms to allow us to provide a “Guaranteed performance value, unmatched by any other integrator in Pittsburgh for your copper cabling needs”. We provide solutions that will work for today’s applications and beyond, whether a complete build out or just adding a few new runs as your business expands, to providing onsite staff, we are there.
With the ever changing world of Copper Cabling, ITS has the experience and knowledge to bridge the gap between cabling requirement facts and fiction.
Listed below are the current active cabling standards and cable classifications that are recognized by the standards committees.
- Cat 5e – This is a twisted pair high signal integrity cable type that is usually unshielded, relying on the twisted pair design for noise rejection.
- Cat 5E – This type of cable is used in structured cabling for computer networks such as Ethernet and ATM, and is also used to carry many other signals such as telephony and video.
- Cat 6 – This is a cable standard for Gigabit Ethernet and other network protocols that are backward compatible with the Category 5/5e standards. Cat.-6 features more stringent specifications for crosstalk and system noise.
- Cat 6A – This cable is defined at frequencies up to 500 MHz—twice that of Cat. 6. Category 6a performs at improved specifications, particularly in the area of alien crosstalk as compared to Cat.-6 UTP which exhibited high alien noise in high frequencies.
- Cat 6A Shielded – Requires all cables to be grounded at both ends in order for the shield to offer full effectiveness.